POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) : Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:34:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 4 Mar 2001 14:09:30
Message: <3aa292ea$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> They actually look like they are slithering...

I think that's because I disabled the bouncing in this test. I originally
made one version that had bouncing too, but there seemed to be a bug causing
the particles to not cycle perfectly when bouncing was used, so I made this
version that use flowing only.

> I wonder what it would look like if you hooked several
> into a chain, and had a "head" at one end attracted to
> a specific point.

I'm not sure that could be done using this technique. It would have to be
modified anyway.

> It looks like you used the ground repulsion method, did
> you? How did you implement it? A single ray straight down
> or forward, a special combination of directions, or
> randomly scanning the surroundings?

Nope. It's simpler.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)